At BankPlus, we understand that few things are more important than your credit. That’s why we are proud to offer CreditPlus to help you get on the right track to a sound financial future.What exactly is CreditPlus?CreditPlus is a small, short-term loan product designed to encourage participants to develop a regular savings plan. It also offers a financial alternative to the high-interest loans offered by non-bank providers, while providing knowledge and important information to make wise financial decisions and build a better financial future.
Improve your credit, improve your life.
|Term and Amount1
|Maximum Loan Terms: 12 months or 24 months
|$1,000.00 with Credit Score 550 or above
|$500.00 with Credit Score below 550
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
|5.093% APR on $500.00 or $1,000.00 for 12 months1
|5.064% APR on $500.00 or $1,000.00 for 24 months2
|5.00% Fixed on Loan Term
1 A fixed rate loan of $1,000 payable in 12 monthly payments of $85.64 each with a finance charge of $27.68.
2 A fixed rate loan of $1,000 payable in 24 monthly payments of $43.91 each with a finance charge of $53.84.
All borrowers are required to complete a three hour financial literacy seminar conducted by BankPlus. A Certificate of Completion is required prior to obtaining a CreditPlus loan.*
Who It Helps
How It Helps
If you are caught up in the Pay Day Lending cycle or would like to join the banking mainstream with re-established credit, then CreditPlus may be for you.
How It Works
- Our financial literacy component will provide you with important information to make wiser financial decisions.
- Half of our loan proceeds will go into an interest-bearing BankPlus Personal Savings account.**
- CreditPlus offers you a low-interest small-dollar loan alternative to expensive Pay Day Lenders, Check Cashing Services and other alternative financial service providers.
- As a participant, you will be required to take part in a three hour financial literacy seminar conducted by BankPlus, covering a variety of topics from managing credit to combating identity theft.
- Upon completion of the seminars, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, which allows you to begin the CreditPlus application process1at any of the participating BankPlus locations.
- You will then need to establish a ValuePlus Free Checking and a Savings account with BankPlus.
- Half of the loan proceeds will be deposited into your ValuePlus Free Checking account2 while the other half will be deposited into your Personal Savings account.
- We strongly encourage that you use available loan proceeds to eliminate any outstanding debt with Pay Day Lenders or other alternative financial service providers.
- Upon successful completion of this program, you will have more of the tools necessary to remove yourself from the Pay Day Lending cycle. In addition, you will have laid the foundation for the future by adopting a savings plan!
Seminar registration will open on the first business day of each month at 12:00 Noon.
*Classes are held for the financial education of individuals eighteen years and older. Only those individuals registered will be allowed to enter the training room. Please make arrangements for the care of your dependents at a location other than the training facility.
*All loan applications are subject to credit approval and must meet all underwriting requirements of the CreditPlus Program. You may be eligible for this program up to two times.
**The CreditPlus Plan requires that one-half of the loan proceeds must be deposited into your BankPlus ValuePlus Free Checking Account, while the other half be deposited into your BankPlus Personal Savings Account and be put on hold until the full amount of the loan is repaid.