About BankPlus

Our History

  • BancPlus Corporation is the parent company of BankPlus, which was founded in 1909 as Citizens Bank & Trust Company (CB&T), in Belzoni, Mississippi. CB&T grew to include locations in central Mississippi and the Delta.

    The name was changed to BankPlus in September 1994, when Southeast Mississippi Bank in Quitman was merged into the banking system, extending our service area to southeast Mississippi.

    This was more than a simple name change. It was the declaration of all that we had worked to build since 1909: a network of well-run community banks, a dedicated team of employees, and products and services that can't be found elsewhere. The name BankPlus and our slogan, "It's more than a name. It's a promise," reflect the enhanced services we offer and emphasize our commitment to giving our customers more for their money. We're proud of our community banking roots and strive daily to maintain and build upon that dedication.

    Today, BankPlus is one of the Southeast’s premier regional banks serving consumers and businesses with the latest technology through a full suite of financial services, including retail banking, commercial banking, mortgage lending and wealth management. With more than $4.5 billion in total assets, BankPlus operates 80 financial centers throughout Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana.