Notice and Consent Regarding Electronic Communications
Description of Service and Consent
– If you consent, the federal Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act (“E-SIGN”) allows us to provide certain information to you electronically that you are entitled to receive in writing. By proceeding, you consent and agree that BankPlus (“we”, “us”, “Bank”) may, but is not obligated to, send any and all communications from us, including but not limited to, periodic statements, any notice or disclosure regarding fees or assessments of any kind, including late fees, overdraft fees, over-limit fees, and returned item fees, all other notices provided by Bank (e.g. renewal, change of terms, rate changes, billing notices, maturity notices, etc.), disclosures (e.g. initial, periodic, annual, mortgage disclosures, or other disclosures), and other communications which we are required or otherwise choose to send to you in any capacity in which we may act with respect to any account, including but not limited to deposit and loan accounts, you have (“Accounts”) or service you receive from us (collectively “Communications”). The Communications may include, in addition to other documents and disclosures, disclosures pursuant to: Electronic Funds Transfer Act and Regulation E, Truth in Savings Act and Regulation DD, Funds Availability Act and Regulation CC, Equal Credit Opportunity Act and Regulation B, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Truth in Lending Act and Regulation Z, Internal Revenue Code, and any other applicable federal, state or local law, or regulation or any agreement with you. By proceeding, you consent to receive all such Communications from us electronically and that any notices sent by e-mail will be deemed delivered and received on the date sent to your e-mail address, whether or not you actually receive the e-mail. We may also use and obtain from you electronic signatures. If we are required by law to give you the Communication, upon request, we will provide a paper copy at no additional cost, except as set forth below. If you would like a paper copy of a Communication, you will be required to contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 1-888-811-PLUS (7587) and place your request.
Withdrawing Consent to Electronic Delivery– You may provide us notice that you are no longer willing to accept Communications, including your Account Statement, electronically. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so by calling us at 1-888-811-PLUS (7587) or e-mailing email@example.com. Please be aware, however, that withdrawal of consent may result in the termination of your access to e-BankPlus.
Hardware/Software Requirements–You must have the following hardware and software to receive Communications from us electronically:
- A personal computer or other device, operating system, and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of receiving, accessing, displaying, and either printing or storing, Communications received from us via e-mail
- Internet Connectivity
- An e-mail account with Internet service provider and e-mail software in order to participate in our electronic Communications program
- Internet Web browser that we support
- Current version of a program that accurately reads and displays PDF files
- A printer if you want to print and retain the Communication
The following link contains the current version of the software that we support, links for downloading the software and information on the specific hardware that we require: www.BankPlus.net. You should check this link periodically for updates on our
technical hardware and software requirements. We reserve the right to change our hardware and software requirements and the right to discontinue support of certain software if there is the potential for a security breach or if we can no longer support
the applicable software. If we make such a change and the change creates a material risk that you will not be able to access or retain subsequent electronic records, we will provide you with a statement of (i) the revised hardware and software requirements
for access to and retention of the electronic records, and (ii) your right to withdraw consent without the imposition of any fees for such withdrawal. If you have questions about receiving Communications, need technical or other assistance concerning
these Communications, please contact Customer Service by telephone at 1-888-811-PLUS (7587).
By consenting, you are agreeing to designate an e-mail address for use for all electronic communications from us related to any Communications. When a Communication is made available to you, we will send you a notice to the e-mail address you designate or the mailing address in our records for the applicable Account or service and such Communication will be deemed sent and received at such time.
Consent and Acknowledgement
– This consent applies to any Accounts and services, which you have in the past, now or in the future request to use with BankPlus. By proceeding, you acknowledge receipt of each notice and are agreeing to accept Communications electronically as described above for such products and services you now or in the future may have or have had in the past. We may always, in our sole discretion, provide you with any Communication in writing, even if you have chosen to receive it electronically.
– We will deliver any periodic account statement(s) (“Account Statement(s)”) to you in paper form unless: (1) you elect to receive electronic statements, (2) you sign up for and use our e-BankPlus online service, (3) you open your account online through e-BankPlus, or (4) your paper statements are repeatedly returned to us. If we deliver your Account Statement to you electronically, we will be using a service to safely and securely deliver your Account Statements on-line. We will store your statements electronically for up to 36 months from the date of delivery. You may print or download your statements to retain copies of them. To protect the security of your banking information, you must not disclose or share your password with any third party. In addition, your Account Statements will not be forwarded to you through e-mail. You will be notified by e-mail that they are available for you to access via the Bank’s online banking service. Should you be unable to access your Account Statement in this manner, please contact us by phone at 1-888-811-PLUS (7587) or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and the Bank will take measures to provide copies of your statement to you.
– Regular e-mail transmissions may not be secure. We, therefore, request that you do not send us or ask for sensitive information (such as personal identification, account or other financial information) via traditional e-mail systems. If you wish to send sensitive information, please contact us by phone at 1-888-811-PLUS (7587) or e-mail by email@example.com and request we send you a link to our secure e-mail system. If you send us a message using the secure e-mail system, we will receive it by the following Business Day. You agree that we may take a reasonable period of time to act on any message received.
If you need to contact us on an urgent matter, for example to report an unauthorized transaction from one of your accounts, please call us immediately at 1-888-811-PLUS (7587). This will ensure that your situation can be addressed as promptly as possible.
In addition, when you create a User ID and Password for online access to your accounts or other online services we may offer from time to time, you agree that we may contact you by use of the secure web-site with regard to any matter, including responding to any claim of unauthorized electronic funds transfer that you make. Any such message sent to you by BankPlus shall be considered received on the earlier of the date you open the message or within three days of the date sent by the Bank, regardless of whether you sign on to your e-mail within that time frame. In addition, we may, but will not be obligated to notify you via a general or public e-mail when such a message has been sent, except as may be required by law.
You must notify the Bank of any change in your e-mail address. Changes to your e-mail address may be made directly through our Online Banking System using the User Options link, via a request by you for access to our secure e-mail system by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at 1-888-811-PLUS (7587). If you do not provide notice of change of your e-mail address, you agree that the Bank may send all e-mail notices and other Communications to you at the e-mail address maintained on the Bank’s records for such accounts, products, or other services or as otherwise set forth herein.
By proceeding, you consent to use electronic records and signatures, are confirming that you have the hardware and software described above, that you are able to receive and review electronic records, and that you have an active email account. You are
also confirming that you are authorized to, and do, consent on behalf of all the co-owners of your accounts.