Send and receive money with Zelle®
Zelle is a convenient way to send money right from your mobile banking app or online banking account.Whether it's saving you a trip to the ATM or taking out the guesswork of divvying up the cost of the lunch tab, Zelle is a fast, safe and easy way to send and request money with friends, family and others you trust2. Money is sent directly to the recipient's account and is typically available in minutes1, and all you need to send money is the recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Getting started is easy
- Log into the BankPlus Mobile Banking app.
- Select Send money with Zelle®.
- Enroll your U.S. mobile number or email address.
- Send money to friends, family and others you know and trust.
What is Zelle®?
How do I use Zelle®?
You can send, request, or receive money with Zelle.
- To get started, log into your mobile banking app and select “Send Money with Zelle®”. Following the prompts, enter the information requested, accept the terms and conditions, and you’re ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle.
- To send money using Zelle, simply select someone from your mobile device’s contacts (or add a trusted recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile phone number), add the amount you’d like to send and an optional note, review, then hit “Send.” In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes1.
- To request money using Zelle, choose “Request,” select the individual from whom you’d like to request money, enter the amount you’d like to request, include an optional note, review and hit “Request”3.
- To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle.
How does Zelle® work?
When you enroll with Zelle through your banking app, your name, your financial institution’s name, and the email address or U.S. mobile number you enrolled is shared with Zelle (no sensitive account details are shared – those stay with your bank or credit union).
When someone sends money to your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number, Zelle looks up the email address or mobile number in its “directory” and notifies your financial institution of the incoming payment. Your bank or credit union then directs the payment into your bank account, all while keeping your sensitive account details private.
How do I get started?
Who can I send money to with Zelle®?
You can send, request, or receive money with Zelle. You can send money to friends, family and others you trust2.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes1, it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
What types of payments can I make with Zelle®?
Zelle is a great way to send money to friends, family and people you are familiar with such as your personal trainer, babysitter or neighbor2.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person’s bank account within minutes1, Zelle should only be used to send money to people you trust.
Neither BankPlus, nor Zelle, offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
Can I use Zelle® internationally?
In order to use Zelle, the sender and recipient’s bank accounts must be based in the U.S.
What if I want to send money to someone whose bank or credit union doesn't have Zelle®?
You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle here.
If your recipient's bank or credit union isn't on the list, don't worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle by downloading the Zelle app for Android or iOS.
To enroll with the Zelle app, your recipient will enter their basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number, and a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S. based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
How long does it take to receive money with Zelle®?
Money sent with Zelle is typically available to an enrolled recipient within minutes1.
If you send money to someone who isn’t enrolled with Zelle, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, the money will move directly to your recipient’s account, typically within minutes1.
If your payment is pending, we recommend confirming that the person you sent money to has enrolled with Zelle and that you entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
If you’re waiting to receive money, you should check to see if you’ve received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven’t received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Still having trouble? Call our customer support team at 888-811-7587 so we can help you.
Can I pay a small business with Zelle®?
Some small businesses are able to receive payments with Zelle. Ask your favorite small business if they accept payments with Zelle. If they do, you can pay them directly from your mobile banking app using just their email address or U.S. mobile number.
Neither BankPlus nor Zelle offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle, so you should only send money to people (and small businesses) you trust. Also, always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number when sending money.
Someone sent me money with Zelle®, how do I receive it?
If you have already enrolled with Zelle, you do not need to take any further action. The money will move directly into your bank account, typically within minutes1.
If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select your bank or credit unions name.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your money. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile phone number where you received the payment notification - you should enroll with Zelle using that email address or U.S. mobile phone number to ensure you receive the money.
I’m unsure about using Zelle® to pay someone I don’t know. What should I do?
If you don’t know the person, or aren’t sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle for these types of transactions.
These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don’t know is high risk). Neither BankPlus nor Zelle offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
Will the person I send money to be notified?
Is my information secure?
What if I get an error message when I try to enroll an email address or U.S. mobile number?
Your email address or U.S. mobile phone number may already be enrolled with Zelle at another bank or credit union. Call our customer support team at 888-811-7587 and ask us to move your email address or U.S. mobile phone number from the financial institution where you initially enrolled to your desired bank account so you can use it for Zelle.
Once customer support moves your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, it will be connected to your bank account so you can start sending and receiving money with Zelle through your financial institution's mobile banking app and online banking. Please call our Customer Service Center at 1-888-811-7587 for help.
Can I cancel a payment?
Download the BankPlus Mobile Banking App today!
With so many mobile banking solutions available to BankPlus customers, it has never been easier to keep up with your finances anytime, anywhere. Our mobile banking app gives you the power and security of your online banking account through the convenience of your smart phone or tablet device. Search for the BankPlus app in the App Store or GooglePlay!
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Data charges may apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
- Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient's email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle.
- Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.
- In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already enrolled with Zelle.